Ndi Anambra, following the recording of the first case of Coronavirus in Anambra State, it has become extremely necessary to tighten the measures we had taken earlier on the pandemic. To achieve that, we shall take the following steps –
READ ALSO: WATCH LIVE ANAMBRA STATE DAILY TV LESSON
1. The restriction on movement is hereby extended by two weeks. This time, we are placing a comprehensive Lock down on Anambra State. We shall not tolerate any movement across the state by individuals and groups. Only people on essential services are permitted to move around in the delivery of those services to the people.
Ndi Anambra are advised to stay indoors to avoid getting contaminated by this virus. The security agencies will enforce the restriction on movement this time and they have my authorization to make arrests where necessary to keep our dear state safe.
2. All boundaries with neighbouring states remain closed.
There will be no vehicular or human traffic across all the boundaries of Anambra State. Only vehicles delivering essential services are permitted after a comprehensive check and authorization by security operatives at the boundaries.
4. Frequent washing of hands with soap for at least 20 seconds as well as the regular use of hand sanitizers are strongly recommended. In fact, everyone is expected to carry a hand sanitizer with him or her at any given time.
5. Everyone is expected to stay indoors with their families and loved ones. However, anyone who wishes to step outdoors for any reason at all must wear a face mask. Anyone who violates this directive stands a chance of arrest and prosecution.
6. Handshaking, hugging and all other forms of physical contact are strongly discouraged. Ndi Anambra are also advised to minimize contact with door handles and hand rails and commonly used surfaces in different locations.
7. A distance of 6-feet must be maintained during interaction with people. Everyone is advised to keep a reasonable social distance when holding a conversation with someone else.
8. Ndi Anambra are advised to contact the Anambra State Public Health Emergency Operation Center immediately (PHEOC) once they feel unwell. The PHEOC numbers are 08030953771, 08145434416, 08117567363, 08058967320.
God bless Anambra State
God bless Nigeria
Chief Sir. Willie Obiano
Governor, Anambra State.