The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control via its official twitter handle released Covid-19 guidelines for safe mass gatherings in Nigeria.
DURING EVENT OR GATHERING
1. Use the gathering to reinforce messages on hand and respiratory hygiene and staying safe. Religious institutions are encouraged to demonstrate hand washing technique before the start of prayers to their congregation
2. Ensure provision of adequate hand washing facilities including running water, soap or alcohol-based hand sanitizer by each school authority.
3. People with symptoms such as cough and a fever should NOT BE ALLOWED into the premises. Arrangements should be made to check this on entry
4. Organisers/school authority should provide adequate human resource who will be responsible for cleaning and disinfecting communal places such as ablution areas, all floors, toilets and surfaces such as door handles, chairs and church benches with disinfectant or soap
5. Organisers/school authority should provide adequate waste management facilities such as closed trash cans so that people dispose tissue and other waste properly 6. Organisers should review practices that put their congregation at risk (e.g sharing a communal cup, receiving the holy communion on the tongue, shaking hands)
FACILITIES IN PLACE FOR MASS GATHERINGS:
1. Room with adequate ventilation and proper air circulation
2. Hand washing facilities- running water and soap
3. Waste management facilities
4. Health personnel to detect fever on entry and respond to emergencies
5. Adequate resources to disinfect after the event.