JAMB release guidelines for 2020 admission.
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has opened its portal for institutions to upload names of shortlisted applicants for the 2020/2021 admission.
The board said all admission processes must go through the Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) for approval.
It noted that only qualified candidates as recommended by their institutions for admission will be approved by the board.
Registrar of JAMB, Prof Is-haq Oloyede, who stated this in Abuja, when further asked if the CAPS has been opened for the conduct of this year’s admission, the registrar said: “Of course, long ago. Any institution, not just public that wants to is already uploading.”
According to the JAMB registrar, all the admission processes will go through the Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) for approval. JAMB registrar Ish-aq Oloyede announced the opening of portal for the 2020/2021 admissions.
“Take note also that admission is not just for universities. There are polytechnics and colleges of education and except for the closure because of COVID-19, they are not affected by the strike.”
Recalled on Nov 9th 2020 bootinfos reported that The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has released guidelines to all heads of tertiary institutions for the 2020 admission exercise.
The board also told all institutions to begin admission for candidates for first and second choices on November 28th, 2020.
In the document, sent to all vice-chancellors, rectors and provosts of universities, polytechnics and colleges of education, the JAMB Registrar, Ishaq Oloyede, warned against flouting decisions of its 2020 policy meeting, held on June 16 when institution cut-off released and sealed by the jamb control unit channel in Abuja.
Mr Oloyede insisted that all admissions must be carried out in an honest and transparent manner.
“The 1st and 2nd Choices Admission-Exercise be conducted for all institutions from 28th November 2020 to a later date that would be determined by the Federal Ministry of Education and communicated to all the institutions,” he said, adding that “the uncertainties of the COVID-19 make it impossible to fix a terminal date.”
SUMMARY AND HIGHLIGHTS OF JAMB ADMISSION GUIDELINES 2020
- Applicants must upload their O’ Level results on the Board’s portal before the commencement of admission exercise
- Applicants are required to ‘accept’ or ‘reject’ admission before the process is deemed to have been completed
- Any candidate who has chosen an institution as second, third or fourth choice did not need any change of choice or payment to JAMB to be considered for admission exercise during the period of the second choice admission exercise.
- Admissions will be based on the approved institutional/programmes cut-off marks and minimum UTME score for admission prescribed for each school subject to the respective National Minimum UTME scores.
- Cut-off marks for admission will be determined by minimum UTME score/direct entry grade, post UTME (if applicable), grading of Senior School Certificate grades, interview/practical scores and percentage allotted to UTME score range from 50 percent to 100 percent, (if applicable).
- Tertiary institution must use 2020 UTME/direct entry results, JAMB 2020 admission quota as prescribed by the regulatory agencies, 2020 UTME brochure, guidelines on admission as prescribed by the proprietors and policy decisions reached at the meeting and directives of the Minister of Education.
- For a candidate to be registered in any institution from 2020 admission exercise, he/she must be recommended by any institution, admitted and approved by JAMB, accept the offer online on JAMB’s website at no cost, print both result slip and admission letter, screen and present acceptable credentials.
- Candidates who wish to Upgrade their UTME to Direct Entry (DE) can easily do so by logging in to their profile and perform the changes free of charge. Please note that this process is irreversible once its been done.
- Before a candidate can be moved or transferred to another programme, their would be transfer alert (notification from CAPS) to the candidate to either accept or reject the movement
- Cut off date & Admission exercise can’t be earlier than 21st August, 2020
- No institution would be able to finalise admission exercise until after cut-off date
- No institution would be able to move candidates into merit level unless ALL positive candidates above him/her are admitted either by merit, catchment or ELDS
- After upload of O’ level by a candidate, any admission to be done MUST consider him/her
- If any institution request for opening of change for programme or institution, it MUST consider all the candidates who have uploaded
- The 2020 Admissions Exercise to Public Universities for First Degree ends on a date to be announced in December, 2020;
JAMB release guidelines for 2020 admission.
JAMB Deadline for 2020/2021 Admissions Exercise
i. The 2020 Admissions Exercise to Public Universities for First Degree ends on on a date to be announced in December, 2020;
1st Choice: August 21st – to a later date that would be determined by the Federal Ministry of Education and communicated to all the institution;
2nd Choice: on a date that would be determined by the Federal Ministry of Education and communicated to all the institution;
ii. The closing date for Admissions to Colleges of Education, Polytechnics, Monotechnics and Innovation Enterprise Institutions for NCE, ND and NID respectively will be at a later date that would be determined by the Federal Ministry of Education and communicated to all the institution;;
iii. The closing date for Admissions to Private Institution will be at later date that would be determined by the Federal Ministry of Education and communicated to all the institution;