Crutech Resumption Date 2019/2020.
This is to inform Staff, Students and the General Public that the Senate of Cross River University of Technology at its 53rd emergency meeting of Thursday, January 21, 2021 approved phase B of First Semester resumption on 22nd February, 2021.
This phase of resumption will involve Year 1 and Year 2 students only.
It is expected to feature activities such as completion of registration processes, Covid-19 orientation, intensive revision classes by Lecturers and First Semester examinations.
Crutech Resumption Date 1st Semester 2019/2020
The following decisions of Senate should be noted.
The resumption schedule indicates that First Semester examinations will commence for Year 1 and Year 2 students from Monday, March 8th 2021 and end on Friday, March 19th, 2021.
Thereafter, the students will proceed on a break for one week and resume for second semester online remote and virtual lectures on Monday, 29th March 2021.
The resumption schedule further indicates that Year 1 and Year 2 students will physically return to their various campuses on the 10th of May, 2021.
Year 3, Year 4 and Year 5 students of the university resumed on Monday, January 25th 2021.
They had similar activities that Year 1 and Year 2 students are expected to have, including examinations.
They have proceeded on a First Semester break that will last for one week.
This set of students will resume for second semester online remote and virtual lectures on the 1st of March 2021.
The phased resumption schedule further indicates that they will physically return to their various campuses for lectures on Monday, April 12th, 2021.
The phased resumption of students is meant to prevent overcrowding, in line with the need to minimize the risk of spreading the Covid 19 virus.
It is also meant to implement the university’s plans for virtual learning.
1. Academic activities for 300, 400 and 500 levels students in all the Campuses of the University shall commence from Monday, January 25th, 2021.
2. All students who have not paid their School Fees should commence payment from Friday, January 22nd ,2021, when the Portal opens.
3. Payment of School Fees will end for all Students on Friday, February 5th ,2021 a five thousand (N5,000.00) Naira penalty for late payment shall be enforced with effect from Monday, February 8, 2021. Portal closes for payment of fees on Monday, February 15, 2021.
4. Only students who have paid fees and registered for the Semester are considered bonafide students of the University.
5. Parents/Guardians and students are to remember that the “NO FEE, NO EXAMS” Policy of the University is still in force.
6. Academic activities for 100 and 200 levels students in all the Campuses of the University for First Semester 2019/2020 shall commence from Monday, February 22, 2021.
7. All 300, 400 and 500 levels students shall resume academic activities for Second Semester 2019/2020 academic session on Monday, March 01, 2021.
8. All 100 and 200 levels students shall resume academic activities for Second Semester 2019/2020 academic session on Monday, March 29, 2021.
9. In order to adhere strictly to Covid-19 Safety Protocols as stipulated by the Federal and State Governments, all students are expected to note the following:
i. Use their nose masks appropriately whle on Campus.
ii. Carry their hand sanitizers along with them.
iii. Wash their hands at designated points at their Classrooms,Halls/Hostels of residence, Workshops, Laboratories, Library, etc.
Management wishes all the Students a Happy New year and heartily welcomes them back to the University. It is also hoped that these decisions shal guide all concerned as to their role(s) in ensuring a successful completion of 2019/2020 academic session.
VICTOR E.ENE, FCAI